Tuesday, July 2, 2013

IT'S A GIRL!

I am 16 weeks as of yesterday and I cannot believe it! I feel like I just found out I was pregnant... but that was 3 months ago! My Dr's office does free gender peak ultrasounds at 16 weeks and of course we wanted to find out the gender ASAP! I haven't had an ultrasound since I was 7 weeks, which at that point it only looked like a little gummy bear and not a baby. As soon as she put the wand on my belly, there was a big baby there! She was laying on her stomach and it was amazing to see the heart flickering, the spine, the big belly, and the giant head. We didn't get print outs of the profile or get to see her full body very long, since it was a free ultrasound just to determine the gender. My anatomy scan will be at my 20 week appointment, so I will definitely get to look at her longer and watch her move and get pictures of her body. After she counted the heartbeat, which was 141, she pushed the wand up under my right side where the butt was and I knew it was a girl before the tech even said anything. I could instantly see a 'hamburger' instead of a 'turtle'. I have also Googled a lot of ultrasound pictures because I feel like I have no idea what I am looking at most of the time, so I got some good practice to be able to read my own ultrasound :) It is a girl and we are so excited!! I wanted a girl so badly and our whole marriage I have told Josh that if it was a boy I wouldn't know what to do with him since I hate sports, I don't like to get dirty, and I am very much a girly girl. Josh has always said we are going to have all boys because I "jynxed" us by saying I 100% want a girl. A few people in my family, including myself, were having dreams it was a boy so I was sure it was going to be a boy. I also felt like it was a boy, again I think I was feeling this because I wanted a girl so badly that I knew just my luck I would have a boy. I would have been happy no matter what sex it was, knowing that we were trying to get pregnant and obviously I can't MAKE the sex be the way I want it to be. But I am sooooo happy and excited it is a little girl!!!!! Josh wanted a girl first as well, so we are both very happy. We had a boy name set, Korver Jay Davis, which we have known we were going to name our son for at least 4 years before we got married. When we first got married and went to Mexico, the name on my ticket printed out 'Amberly' so we really liked that name for a while. Josh still really likes it, but I have kind of grown out of it. We also like Laurel, which we got from a couple TV shows that we have seen recently. However, we are thinking her name is going to be Kambree Lynn Davis. I don't know where this name came from, I have never known anyone with this name, but about 6 months ago when we were trying to get pregnant and talking about names, this name came to my head and we both loved it. So we have a few names to think about, but we are leaning towards Kambree :)

5 1/2 more months till we meet our little girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment